Have you created many photo albums to manage your photos before? You may not need them now. You can delete the albums you've created. Deleting all photos in the album will not delete album itself. You have some methods to delete the unwanted albums from your iPhone/iPad. Sometimes you may fail to delete albums as your iPhone/iPad is synced to iTunes. You can find the way to make it here.
How to Delete Albums from iPhone/iPad - 2 Ways
1 Via Photo App on iPhone
Deleting photo albums from iPhone/iPad is as easy as taking a photo in the first place. It takes little skill or knowledge and is completed in the matter of seconds. This is great if you have numerous albums to delete. However, be careful not to accidentally delete an album that you intended to maintain on your iPhone.
- To begin, simply open the Photo app from your iPhone/iPad.
- Go to “Albums”. In the top right corner will be an "Edit" button, which you may select.
- This will enable the delete feature, which places a red circle beside each album you have created on the iPhone. Click the red circle on the albums you wish to delete and click “Delete”.
2 Using iTunes if You Have Synced It
If your iPhone/iPad is synced with iTunes, you are able to delete albums from iPhone through iTunes. The process is not much more difficult.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to your Computer and open iTunes.
- Tap your device tab and click the "Photos" tab.
- Once you are in your photos, click on the tab that says "Synch Photos from".
- When you find the album you want to delete, uncheck the box next to that album and hit "Apply" to begin the synch process. This will delete photo album from your iPhone.
Bonus Tips：How to Losslessly Compress & Permanently Delete Photos
Have you noticed that delete photo albums will not delete the photos in them? Just the ablum itself has been removed. The photos are still in your camera roll and listed according to date taken or added.
Here are some useful tips for you to manage your photo library and save more space for new photos.
1 How to Losslessly Compress Photos in Bulk
Photos taken by iPhone/iPad are HD which occupy much photo space. It is not necessary for most photos. It is good to back up photos to somewhere and compress them on your iPhone/iPad. You may not make it manually, but you can consider iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac for help. It is a professional iOS data eraser with all-in-one solution for space saving and data permanent erasure.
iMyFone Umate Prooffers you several choices to manage your iPhone/iPad photos and achieve more free space for you.
- You can export photos from iPhone to computer to avoid loss.
- You can back up photos in bulk to computer and delete them from your iPhone/iPad.
- You can export photos to computer and losslessly compress the original photos from iPhone to save 75% photo space. Visible quality will not be damaged.
- You can thoroughy clear up all photo cache with 1-click process. Any other useless files will be removed as well, which can optimize your iPhone performance.
So how can we compress all photos from iPhone?
1: Launch iMyFone Umate Proand connect your iPhone to it.
2: You will be in the interface of "1-Click Free Up Space". Click "Photos" tab.
Note: If you want to clean photo cache, you can go to "Junk Files" tab from the interface.
3: Choose "Backup & Compress". It will start to export photos to computer and then compress photos.
Compressed photos will not be damaged. Only the photo size will be reduced. Other info like location, album, moment, date taken, etc. will not be changed.
2 How to Permanently Delete Photos, 100% Unrecoverable
Manually deleting photos is not permanent, which means the deleted photos can be recovered easily with recovery tool. If your iPhone/iPad photos involve much of your private or personal data, you'd best completely destroy them without any chance to recovery. You may not make it manually. But iMyFone Umate Prooffers you the chance to make it.
- Permanently Delete Photos: With advanced overwriting technologies, iMyFone can completely overwrite your photos from iPhone/iPad. When the original photos are overwritten, there is no way to retrieve them. Deleted photos are 100% unrecoverable.
- Completely Erase Deleted Photos: With 25+ analysis technologies, it can deeply scan your iPhone/iPad and find out those deleted photos which are still under the risk of recovry. It gives you the chance to permanently destroy them.
- Erase WhatsApp & WeChat Photos: Even WhatsApp and WeChat photos can be permanently deleted from your iPhone/iPad. no traces of recovery will be left then.
So how can we permanently delete iPhone photos from iMyFone?
- When your iPhone is successfully connect to your computer, choose "Erase Private Data" mode from left-side menu.
- Hit "Scan" button to go on. It will show you all the private data.
- Preview and select photos to erase and hit "Erase Now" button to continue. Then type "delete" into the box to confirm.
- It can clean up as many as 30+ types of junk files and temporary files once.
- Media files like movies, videos, audiobooks, etc. can be deleted in bulk with backup on computer.
- It can permanently erase everything from your iPhone/iPad and make it safe enough to resell.
- It also supports to permanently delete private fragments produced by third-party apps.