Snapchat is the leading social media platform on the internet, given the fact that Snapchat users share more photos and videos on Snapchat more than the combination of photos and videos shared on Facebook and Instagram. However, users should be mindful of their privacy and data security while using a reputation-destructive photo app like Snapchat.
Snapchat is a reputation-destructive photo app because different privacy leak scandals have been recorded with Snapchat over the years. The most prominent is the 200,000-leaked celebrity nude photo scandal of October 2014, which was captioned Snappening. The lesson we all learnt was that if the celebrities had managed their Snapchat history and security appropriately, that scandal would not have happened. Therefore, taking your Snapchat security and history for granted can be very risky, and may lead to serious privacy leak. Hence, the best approach to ensuring no-iPhone-privacy leak is to delete Snapchat history through a secured means.
How to Delete Snapchat History on iPhone
Snapchat conversations can be deleted on iPhone 6, iPad, iPod Touch or on any iOS devices through the app settings by following the systematic steps listed below.
Step 1: Launch your Snapchat app and click on the Settings.
Step 2: Select "Clear Conversation" under the "Account Action" section.
Step 3: You can delete your conversations one after the other.
Step 4: If you intend to delete all your conversation with one click, then under "Account Action" select "Clear All" at the top right corner of the screen.
It is pertinent to note here that clearing the list of Snapchat conversation will not delete all Snapchat histories on iPhone, other traces of Snapchat such as cached contents, saved and sent files, videos or pictures are still here.
How to Completely Delete All Snapchat Histories on iPhone?
Should we erase all other traces of Snapchat from iPhone? Yes, because there is every need to permanently erase traces of files and data embedded in Snapchat history from your iPhone in order to avoid privacy leak and the humiliations that comes with it. Nevertheless, the only efficient way I know through which this can be done is by downloading, installing and utilizing a powerful data-destroying tool known as iMyFone iPhone Eraser or iMyFone iPhone Eraser for Mac .
Umate pro has served iPhone users over the years in protecting their privacy and limiting the possibilities of accumulating junk files, temporary files, browser cookies, caches, app logs, useless and needless files on their iPhone and other iDevices.
iMyFone wins thousands of loyal users every year and receive lots of positive reviews.
Umate Pro can be beneficial in managing Snapchat history and general iPhone privacy protection through the following ways:
- Thoroughly Clean Snapchat Junk & Temp
- Delete Snap chat junk files for free: iMyFone Umate has the features to completely wipe out Snapchat caches and logs on iPhone within a short space of time. After eliminating Snapchat caches, which is a major storage space hog on iPhone, you will have extra storage space to store of your important files and data.
- Clear up temporary files: Temporary app files like Snapchat are not essential for operating Snapchat app on iPhone, and they are most often left idle once saved within a temporary folder in your iPhone. Hence, erasing temporary files from your iPhone or other iOS devices does not have any detriment on the phone but helps to create storage space on your iPhone. Therefore, using Umate Pro to clear temporary files from your iPhone is definitely a must thing to do in order to recover your storage space and eliminate risks of privacy leak.
- Permanently Erase Snapchat Data
- Permanently erase all Snapchat data: Its erasing mode of “Erase All data” can permanently erase all your personal data on iPhone, including permanently deleting iPhone Snapchat histories -messages, photos, videos, etc., making your iPhone a totally new one. Once data erased, they are unable to be retrieved by any data recovery software.
- Permanently erase private fragments of Snapchat data: Incomplete private fragments will be produced when using Snapchat. Data fragments will remain on your iPhone even you clear Snapchat history. But iMyFone can completely erase any trace of the private fragments, 100% unrecoverable. It is the safest way.
Put simply, entrusting all of that important personal data onto a third-party app is negligent. We leave ourselves open to everything from weaponized abuse based on our lives to creating a situation whereby we can be impersonated – or worse. Therefore, it’s vital that we permanently erase private fragments of third-party apps on a regular basis. The longer this data is allowed to build up, the more likely it becomes that it’s going to be used in some kind of negligent way.
How to Permanently Erase Private Fragments of SnapChat
Using the “Erase Private Fragments” feature provided by the software, you can very easily break down the kind of changes that you want – and need – to make to your SnapChat app or other third-party apps. This allows you to pinpoint the parts that you would prefer to remove. This means that you don’t have to go for a blanket wipe and instead can pick and choose the solutions that are going to suit you the best. To do this, all you need to do is:
Step 1: Run Umate Pro after downloading and installing it, and connect your iOS device via a cable.
Step 2: Go to the bottom option, “Erase Private Fragments”. Click “Scan” when inside and iMyFone iPhone Eraser will begin the scanning process.
Step 3: Once scanned, it will show the private fragments that exist for each of your apps, from the likes of WhatsApp and Kik to SnapChat and Instagram. Hit ‘Erase Now’ to erase specific fragments without having to empty it all out.
I do suppose you to download iMyFone iPhone Eraser and freely scan the "Erase Private Fragments". I bet there would be many data fragments found for your third-party apps on your iPhone.
The Importance of Erasing Private iPhone Data
It is of prime importance to protect private Snapchat pictures, messages, videos, photos, notes, etc. by using a competent data-erasing tool like Umate Pro when deleting your files, this is because most deleted files on iPhone can be traced back or recovered if the file is not deleted appropriately with the right tool.
Therefore, using iMyFone Umate Pro to erase private files or to erase deleted files would help to protect your privacy by erasing iPhone files permanently without leaving any trace behind. The recommended Umate feature to achieving these fits is by using "Erasing Private File" option or "Erasing Deleted Files" option respectively.
Nevertheless, these two options have a common systematic step-guide, and can be achieved through the following steps.
Step 1:After downloading and installing Umate Pro, you should connect your iPhone to your PC with a cable and launch the app.
Step 2:When connection has been clearly established, select "Erase Private File" option or "Erase Deleted Files" option as the case may be.
Step 3:After the scanning, you can preview your private or deleted files and chose to delete all of them, or one after the other.
Step 4:Type delete into the box and select your security level. Then, click on "Erase Now" button to clear up your private files, or to erase your deleted files.