Are you someone seeking a buyer to sell your old iPhone 5/5s but are worried that the buyer might access your personal data somehow? Or is it that you are fed up with your iPhone 5/5s hanging all the time and want to do something about it? Perhaps, you may simply want to repair it.
Well, a number of people face these challenges and the one solution they resort to is to restore the iPhone 5 back to its factory settings. However, restoring your iPhone always involves risks that you may lose important data. The following will explain some of the methods that one can use to restore iPhone 5/5s.
How to Restore iPhone 5/5s with iTunes
Before you can begin restoring your iPhone 5 through iTunes, you need to make sure that iTunes is completely updated. Once you have launched iTunes, select Check for updates from Help menu and upgrade it if there is a new version. Then, just follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer and click on the device tab on the iTunes.
Step 2: You will be in the Summary window, if you want to back up your iPhone 5 first, just tap on Back Up Now. You may skip this step as backing up is not necessary for restoration.
Step 3: Simply the click the button that says Restore iPhone. Click Restore on the pop-up menu and then agree to the license agreement.
But what if iPhone could not be restored because an unknown error occured, click here.
How to Restore iPhone 5/5s without iTunes
iTunes will restore iPhone 5/5s to default settings, but it's not safe when you sell or give away your iPhone. The deleted files are still recoverable on the restored iPhone. To protect your privacy from being recovered, you should consider iPhone data eraser such like iMyFone Umate Pro for Win/Mac. With it to restore your iPhone 5/5s, you don't need to worry about your private data.
- It full restore your iPhone and make it 100% unrecoverable.
- It provide 4 erasing modes so that you can selectively restore or restore all.
- Even the previously deleted files which are recoverable can be found out and completely overwritten.
- It's much easies, much more time-saving, and much safer to use.
- Recommended by lots of software review sites: getintopc.com, MacWorld, APPKED, etc.
Just 3 Steps to Full Restore iPhone 5/5s for Safer Privacy
Step 1: Once you have installed iMyFone Umate Pro, launch it on your computer. Then connect your iPhone to computer and if this is the first time you are doing so, you will need to confirm that you trust the device.
Step 2: Once you know your iPhone 5/5s is connected, simply click the Erase All Data option on the home screen and tap on Erase.
Step 3: Type in ‘delete’ in the box to confirm that you want to remove all the files and then click the ‘Erase Now’ button.
Restoring iPhone 5/5s – Full Erase vs iTunes Restore
iMyFone Umate Pro has a number of advantages over using iTunes to restore iPhone 5.
- The 4 options in iMyFone Umate Pro – Erase All Data, Erase Deleted Files, Erase Private Data and Erase Private Fragments – allow the user enough flexibility to choose which type of deletion of files he/she wants. This is not so with iTunes.
- The ‘Erase Deleted Data’ ensures that even your deleted are removed. Thus the data removed cannot be recovered whatsoever giving you more security.
- With iTunes, once you have restored iPhone 5/5s, you will have to reactivate your device. However, iMyFone allows you to a much more seamless process when it comes to removing data.
- The option to actually choose the files that you want to delete individually gives one a much needed peace of mind as you will know that you will not be deleting critical files.