One of the most common complaints about the iPad mini is iPad mini keeps restarting. This can be related to several issues. The most reported reason for this occurrence is that iPad Mini is close to capacity. Therefore, it is attempting to access a faulty part of the memory within the iPad Mini, and rather than completely crash, it restarts. Another reason it may restart is simply the iPad Mini has a faulty restart mechanism and it restarts automatically when it is being used. The final reason this may be occurring is because the user has downloaded an unknown app, causing an issue with the software.
2 Ways to Fix “iPad mini Keeps Restarting”
(1) Manual Reset
Hold down the "Sleep/Wake" button and Home button for at least 10 seconds until Apple logo appears.
(2) Hard Restore
If that does not fix “iPad mini keeps restarting”, try the hard restore with iTunes:
- Connect to your computer on iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Hit your iPad mini tab. Go to “Summary” panel and click “Restore iPad”.
- Tap “Restore” button when the confirm window pops up.
Before restoring, you can back up first. Or all your iPad data and settings will be removed. You can simply hit “Back Up Now” button on the Summary panel and follow to do it.
Top 3 Tips to Avoid “iPad mini Keeps Restarting”
1Make Regular Update
Being as most of the issues relating to iPad mini's resetting are caused by software issues, there are some pointers to help prevent the iPad Mini from resetting. First, it would be helpful to make sure your operating system and apps are constantly updated to the most recent versions. This will help to fix any issues with the apps or operating system that may be causing the issue. This will help keep the iPad mini running and operating at its maximum capacity.
- iOS Update: Go to “Settings > General > Software Update” for the latest version. When updating, make sure you connect to Wi-Fi network.
- Apps Update: On iPad home screen, there will be a red number at the top right corner of “App Store” app. The number means how many apps have updates. You can log in to update.
2Close Apps Running at the Background
Another helpful tip to avoid “iPad mini Keeps Restarting” would be to close any apps that are not in use. As more and more apps open, the device becomes full and cannot function at its optimal capacity as it is working on overtime. The unused apps not only utilize battery power unnecessarily, but they confuse the device, making it work harder for less output.
To close apps running at the background, double-click Home button and it will show you which apps are running at the background. Slide each app up to close it.
3Regularly Clean Your iPad mini to Remove Useless Data
Finally, it is best to keep your iPad mini clean to keep it from resetting. As previously discussed, one of the reasons the iPad Mini keeps restarting is that it has reached maximum capacity, Therefore, keeping it clean of excess photos and information will help keep more than enough memory open for new information.
To make regular cleaning of your iPad mini, you can consider iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac to help you. It is regarded as the best iOS space saver which makes the regular cleaning as easy as 1, 2, 3 with only 1 click. iMyFone Umate Pro is a new program used to securely remove your data from your Apple products. This program allows to securely remove data and clean your iPad mini quickly, easily, and effectively. This allows not only for free space to reemerge, but the data is removed securely, making sure it will not pop back up in the future.
To use iMyFone Umate Pro clean your iPad mini, there are 3 types of cleaning can be done.
- Delete Useless Junk Files: Useless data produced by apps would not only occupy the space but also cause some issues. “Junk Files” and “Temporary Files” in “1-Click Free Up Space” tab can help you to thorough as many as 30 types of useless files, like photo cache, app cache, cookies, log, corrupted files, etc..
- Photo/Videos Management: Photos and videos can be transferred to computer. Then you can choose to delete them from iPad mini or just losslessly compress them. Videos can be managed according to different files sizes and different formats.
- Permanently Erase unnecessary Private Data: You can select to permanently erase all or just some selected private data, without leaving any trace of recovery. Third party app data, like WhatsApp and WeChat, are also supported to be erased. No recovery tools can retrieved data erased. Your previously deleted files can also be found out and completely destroyed.
Its interface is user-friendly for most users. The steps are easy to follow. Only 3 steps are required for regular cleaning. Here we take cleaning “Junk Files” for example.
1. Connect: Connect your iPad mini to computer and launch iMyFone Uamte Pro.
2. Scan: Hit “Quick Scan” button. When it finishes, it will show you how much space can be freed up on your iPad mini.
3. Clean: Tap “Clean” button beside “Junk Files”.