The best tool to fix your iPhone frozen on lock screen problem.
It's not uncommon to find your iPhone frozen on lock screen. To help you get rid of the awkward situation of iPhone becoming a brick, we are happy to tell you that solutions mentioned below would positively relieve you. Just go through this article and check them all.
- Part 1: How to Fix iPhone Frozen on Lock Screen?
- Part 2: How to Avoid iPhone from Being Frozen on Lock Screen?
Here is the comparison table for you before checking all the details.
|Get a Phone Call||iMyFone Fixppo||Force Reboot iPhone||Restore iPhone via iTunes||Fix at Repair Store|
|What Can Be Solved||Minimal glitches||All software issues||Some software problems||Almost all system issues||Almost all system/hardware issues|
|Success Rate||Low||High||Medium||Relatively high||High|
|Data Loss after Fixing||No||No||No||Yes||Depends|
How to Fix iPhone Frozen on Lock Screen?
1 Ask Someone to Make You a Phone Call
If your iPhone stuck on lock screen suddenly and you can't enter passcode nor click on anything else, ask someone else to make you a phone call may solve the problem.
By doing so, your iPhone will enter the phone call interface and if you can pick up the phone as normal, then this temporary iPhone glitch may disappear automatically the moment you hand up.
2 Fix iPhone Stuck on Lock Screen with Third-party Tool
In case you should need a method with a 100% success rate, you should try iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery without any delay. Whether your iPhone lock screen is frozen or has other system-related issues such as iPhone stuck on Apple logo, iPhone stuck on restore screen, this software can help you with these problems easily.
Key features of iMyFone Fixppo:
- 4 steps to end this iPhone frozen on lock screen problem.
- You can get access to Recovery Mode for free without manually entering this mode.
- Support to reset your iPhone in lock screen without passcode.
- iPhone 14/13/12 are well supported and iOS 16 as well.
- A better alternative to iTunes since it will repair your system without data loss.
Step 1: Download Fixppo then launch it. Get a lightning cable and connect your Phone that is frozen on lock screen to the computer. From the Fixppo interface, select the Standard Mode.
Step 2: Chances are your device will be detected. But if not, you may need to follow the instructions on the screen and put your iPhone into Recovery mode. If you can't make it, choose to enter this mode for free from the interface.
Step 3: Once you enter the Recovery Mode, Fixppo will immediately detect your device and offer you the available firmwares. You can either choose another one or make no change and go with the first one that shows up. After that, click on Download to get it.
Step 4: When you get the downloaded firmware, click the Start button, and Fixppo will use it to fix your iPhone frozen on lock screen problem instantly. When it's finished, your iPhone will be restarted and the iOS glitch will be removed as said.
3 Force Reboot iPhone
If you don't want to try Fixppo first, you can always try force rebooting your iPhone. Most of the iOS issues including the iPhone stuck on lock screen can get resolved with a force reboot. Here is how to force reboot your iPhone with locked screen:
- For iPhone 6/6S and earlier/iPad/iPod Touch
Hold down the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo is visible.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus
Push and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons together till the Apple logo appears on your screen.
- For iPhone 8/X/11/12/13/14
Quickly push and un-hold the Volume Up button and then repeat the same for the Volume Down button. Now, hold down the Sleep/Wake button till you see the Apple logo.
Let the iPhone restart and you can see that the frozen screen is unfrozen.
4 Restore iPhone to Factory Settings with iTunes
Apart from the above-mentioned procedures, you can also try restoring your iPhone to factory settings wit iTunes. And the first step in to enter Recovery mode, which is beneficial as it deeply wipes out the problems with your iOS by reinstalling the firmware onto your iOS device. And when your iPhone is turned on, the problem can normally be fixed.
- Update your iTunes to the latest version. Connect your iPhone using a USB cable and then launch iTunes.
- Force restart your iPhone using steps mentioned on the 'Force Reboot iPhone' section in this article. However, when you come to the last step, don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Instead, continue to hold them down until you see 'connect to iTunes' logo on your iPhone screen.
- Now, iTunes will detect your iPhone in Recovery Mode and ask you to choose. Select the Restore iPhone button and iTunes will wipe out all your data and then reinstall the iOS firmware.
- Once your iPhone gets restored, it should get rid of iPhone frozen on lock screen issus and work perfectly now, and you can set up again.
5 Get iPhone Fixed at Repair Store
Have you tried the above 4 methods? According to most of the previous experience, this iPhone stuck on lock screen problem is the same kind to many other iPhone problems, which cn be solved easily with general methods mentioned above.
Nevertheless, if you find them not useful and suspect that there are problems with components inside, please go to the repair store or make an appointment with the Apple Store and have your iPhone fixed with other people's help.
How to Avoid iPhone from Being Frozen on Lock Screen?
Since iOS glitches may show up occasionally, you should know ahead of how to avoid problems like iPhone frozen on lock screen besides getting yourself a reliable fixing tool like iMyFone Fixppo.
- Don't jailbreak your iPhone until it's necessary or you have to explore the full usage of your iPhone.
- Try not to play your device when it's upgrading to another iOS system or restoring backup from iTunes.
- Don't wet your iPhone or drop your iPhone heavily. Keep it dry especially the touch screen.
- Try to make a restart or force restart of your iPhone occasionally, through which your iPhone can be clear without any running activities for a short time, which is enough for it to run smoothly.
If you've tried to force reboot your iPhone, then your problem should be fixed. And as it's compared in the table, some methods may come with relatively low success rate, so if you don't want to waste time trying those methods without high assurance, iMyFone Fixppo, the most effective tool can be your fix-all tool in this case.