“I want to add music from my iPod to iTunes on a new computer so that I can have a backup of it. Anybody knows a simple way to make it. I really appreciate it very much. “ -- Mandy
2 Simple Ways to Add Music from iPod/iPhone to iTunes Library
There are several ways for adding music from iPod to iTunes library. But here we just talk about the most simple ones.
1 With iTunes: Only for Purchased Music
The traditional way to add iPod music to iTunes library is using Apple’s own tool iTunes. However, it is only suitable for purchased music. If you need to add non-purchased music from iPod /iPhone to iTunes, follow the second method.
Step 2: Click “Edit” at the top left corner and choose “Preferences” and then “Devices”.
Step 3: If “Prevent iPods. iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically” is not checked, please tick it.
Step 4: Connect your iPod to computer.
Step 5: Go to “Files > Devices > Transfer Purchases”. iTunes will transfer the purchased songs.
It is not hard to make it but there are still some disadvantages of using iTunes to add iPod music to iTunes library.
- Only the songs you had purchased are supported here.
- It can only add all the purchased music. You cannot select some music to add.
- iTunes only supports to 5 iOS devices.
- iTunes only supports one-way transfer, which means it cannot help you to add music from iTunes to iPod.
2 Without iTunes: for Purchased & Non-purchased Music
Without iTunes, you can consider iTunes alternative to assist you in this endeavor of adding music from iPod to your iTunes. iMyFone TunesMate is an extraordinarily user-friendly alternative to iTunes. It is easier and more convenient to make it.
TunesMate is an iOS data transfer which provides you all-in-one solution. It lets to manage your iPod/iPhone data and iTunes library in an easy and convenient way. Of course, you can add music from iPod/iPhone to iTunes with it very easily. Compared to iTunes, TunesMate has lots of advantages to add iPod/iPhone music to iTunes.
- It supports unlimited iOS devices.
- Both purchased and non-purchased music are supported to be transferred or managed.
- You can transfer all music or just select some music to transfer.
- It offers two-way transfer, which means you can add iPod/iPhone music to iTunes or transfer iTunes media to iPod/iPhone.
- Apart from transferring music between iPod and iTunes/PC, you can also edit music as you want.
- Apart from music, you can also transfer or manage playlists.
Steps to Add Music from iPod to iTunes on TunesMate
TunesMate has a user-friendly interface. Its instructions are easy to follow. Actually, it is easier than using iTunes to add iPod music to iTunes library. You can follow the steps below.
(1) How to add all iPod music to iTunes?
Step 1: Launch iMyFone TunesMate on your Windows or Mac computer and connect your iPod.
Step 2: Choose “Rebuild iTunes Library” and hit “Start” button to continue. It will detect the difference between files on your iPod and iTunes library.
Step 3: It will show you what’s missing on iTunes compared to your iPod. Choose “Music” and tap “Start” to begin.
(2) How to add selected iPod music to iTunes?
Step 1: Launch TunesMate and connect your iPod.
Step 2: Choose “Music” at the top and select the specific option like “Music”.
Step 3: Select the music you want to add to iTunes and tap “Export > Export to iTunes”.
- You can rebuild your iTunes library with different iOS devices and then transfer your iTunes media to your devices. So you can have all your music in the same device without paying more.
- You can transfer iPod music to computer or add more music to iPod from computer in return.
- You can also transfer or manage your photos or apps in bulk here.
- The most amazing feature of this application is its 1-Click file transfer. All contents on your iDevice, like photos, music, playlist, files, videos etc can be safely sent to your selective networking interface and vice versa.