Imagine you have spent the last three years building up a beefy iTunes library in such a way that when a stranger peruse through your iTunes library, the stranger would gasp in astonishment at the impeccable taste of the owner of such iTunes library. However, what is the point have such an impressive iTunes library if you cannot share it with others?
This article focuses on how to share iTunes library by using iMyFoneTunesmate and iTunes.
An Effective & Fast Way to Share iTunes Library
One of the best alternatives to share iTunes library is the iMyFone TunesMate . This software will sync iPhone, iPod, iPad between your devices and PC. The software views and exports directly multiple types of iPhone data to your PC with just a single click.
Without any damage to your iTunes library, it can transfer music, videos, and files between iOS and iTunes PC. It supports all types of music, playlist, movies, Camera roll, photo library, podcasts, iTunes U, TV shows, and audio books among others.
- Seamlessly sync iTunes between iOS and PC
- Transfer files from multiple libraries to your device without risk of erasing your data.
- Effectively manage iPhone music, photos, apps, and videos among others.
- Rebuild damage iTunes library from your iPhone
Try It FreeTry It Free
Steps of iTunes Library Sharing
Step 1: May sure you Download and install iMyFone TunesMate on your computer.
Step 2: Plug the iDevice into the computer and then launch the iMyFone TunesMate software.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice’ icon.
Step 4: Make sure to select the kinds of files you want to transfer.
Step 5: Then click on ‘Transfer’ to effect the transfer.
Even if the iDevice do not have the same Apple ID as your iTunes account, the files will be transferred and there would definitely be no data loss. This way, you can share your iTunes files with unlimited iPhones, iPads and iPods. It doesn’t require network connection and easy to use.
How to Share iTunes Library on iTunes
Sharing on Your Home Network
Sharing iTunes library on your home network is not a herculean task, provided you have a wireless network in your home or office, it takes a few easy step and any device connected to the network will have access to your iTunes library.
Step 1: Network sharing can be enabled in iTunes. Go to “Preferences” then click on the “Sharing” tab at the top. You can decide to share your entire iTunes library or a few playlist, there is also the option of requiring others to enter password before they can have access to your iTunes library.
Step 2: Your iTunes library should now be shared on your home network at this point. On another computer, open up iTunes and then look for your shared library at the left-hand column. Click on the shared library and your tunes should appear. However, depending on the size of your library, it may take a little while to load.
- It is only on your local network (wireless network, house and office) you can listen to a shared iTunes library.
- It can work with up to five computers.
- Unless your computer has been authorized to play songs purchased from the iTunes store, you cannot listen to such music. If your computer has not been authorized, you have to be contented listening to music ripped from CDs or download in other ways.
Your computer might be set to block media sharing on your home network, depending on how your firewall is configured. Computers that are Mac OS X will do this by default, so ensure you enable iTunes sharing if you are using this kind of computer.However, if you are using windows computers, there is no issue with this so long as TCP port 3689 and UDP 5353 are not blocked.
To solve the problem of firewall, you need to make a rule for the firewall to allow iTunes sharing on your device. Here are the tips on dealing with firewalls .
iTunes Home or Family Sharing
If you have more than one iTunes library in the house and in that same house there is more than one computer. It is possible to share and copy songs between these libraries. A feature of iTunes called home or family sharing will enable you to achieve it.You can listen to the music in another iTunes library in tour house and copy music from other libraries to your computer or apple devices such as iPods and iPhones when you turned on the home sharing feature. However, note that all the devices connected through this feature must use the same Apple ID.
How to Turn on iTunes Home Sharing
Make sure that the computers and iOS devices that you want to be able to share are all connected to this same Wi-Fi network to begin with. Note that home sharing will not allow you connect a computer at home to the one at the office.
Follow these steps and make sure you have iTunes 9 or higher because home sharing is not available on earlier versions of iTunes.
Step 1: Open iTunes and sign in with your Apple ID
Step 2: From the menu bar, choose File > Home Sharing > Turn on Home Sharing . Your iTunes library will be available at this stage. Normally, a pop-up message will alert you when the home sharing is turned on.
Step 3: Repeat these steps for any other computer or device you want to make available via Home Sharing.
Enabling iTunes Home Sharing on iOS Devices
When you want to use this home sharing feature to share music from your iOS devices, follow these steps:
Step 1: Tap Settings > Music
Step 2: Scroll down to Home Sharing and tap Sign in
Step 3: Enter your Apple ID and tap Sign in
Bonus Tips – Dealing With Firewalls
How to Work Around a Firewall on Mac
- Go to Apple menu in the upper left-hand corner of your screen
- System preferences option should be selected
- The security & privacy option should be selected and the click on the firewall tab.
- If the firewall settings are locked, click the lock icon at the bottom left of the window and then enter your password
- Click the Advanced button at the bottom right of the window. Click on the iTunes icon and set it to allow incoming connections.
How to Work Around a Firewall on Windows
Dozens or firewalls are available for windows, so it is impossible to provide instructions for each one.
- Open Windows Firewall (go to Control Panel and search for Firewall).
- Choose "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall" in the left menu.
- A list of apps will appear and you can navigate to iTunes.
- If the Private or Public checkboxes are not marked, click the Change Settings button.
- You will then be able to check those boxes (Private will most likely be all that's needed).
- Click Ok.