Everyone who has multiple devices will eventually find that they need to share information between these various devices. If you have an iPhone, you may want to transfer files from PC to iPhone, but you may not know how to do it most efficiently. The truth is that using iTunes is very restrictive, and it’s much better to do it through another alternative way. It will give you much more control over your files.
2 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone
There are two basic ways to transfer files from PC to iPhone. Take a close look at the two methods below:
How to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone without iTunes
The best software to use for transferring files from PC to iPhone is not iTunes, but rather the third-party application iMyFone TunesMate. It is a powerful application that can transfer just about any kind of files both to and from your PC. You can also share data among unlimited devices, and preview the files before you transfer them. It can handle songs, photos, videos, and more.
Here are the steps for transferring files from PC to iPhone using TunesMate:
(1) First you need to download and install iMyFone TunesMate. Plug your iPhone into your computer.
(2) Look at the different tabs that say “Music”, “Videos”, “Photos”, etc. at the top. Go into one tab you want to transfer.
(3) Click “Add > Add File/Folder”. Go to where you locate the files on your PC. Press “Shift” or “Ctrl” key when selecting files. After that, you can click “Open”, and this will add them to your device.
There are other key features of TunesMate that make it much better than iTunes:
- You can transfer both purchased and non-purchased files to your computer or to iTunes without losing data.
- You can back up your data easily, including music, photos, and video.
- You can transfer almost any kind of file.
- You can manage your playlists right from the interface of the application.
- You can transfer, manage, and delete files one at a time or in bulk.
- The application can automatically detect duplicate files and delete them for you.
- It does not limit the file formats to transfer.
- You can preview the files before you transfer or delete them.
How to Copy Files from PC to iPhone with iTunes
If you insist on using iTunes, here is how to transfer your files from your PC to your iPhone. Here we take music for example.
Step 2: Click on the device icon at the top left corner. Go to “Options” under “Summary.
Step 3: Uncheck “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected” and tick “Manually manage music and videos”. Then tap “Apply” button.
Step 4: By going to “File > Add File to Library” and selecting files to transfer, you will import music to iTunes library.
Step 5: Go to “Music” under “Settings, and then click “Sync Music”. Finally, click on “Apply”.
You can transfer purchased music, as well as photos and video from PC to iPhone with iTunes using the file sharing functionality, however you cannot transfer music and data that you didn’t purchase.
Besides, you can also transfer app files from PC to iPhone according to the following steps:
Step 2: Tap device icon on iTunes.
Step 3: Click “Apps” under “Settings”.
Step 4: Under “File Sharing”, you may see a list of apps and choose one. Then click “Add” button.
Step 5: Select the file to transfer from the right list. Click “Open” and then “Sync” button.
Here you are!
Which Way is Better
TunesMate is clearly the better way here, for a number of reasons:
- iTunes doesn’t support all kinds of files, while TunesMate does.
- With TunesMate, you can transfer purchased music as well as music you didn’t necessarily purchase.
- You can transfer files to unlimited number of devices with TunesMate, and with iTunes, you’re restricted to 5.
- You can preview your files before you transfer them with TunesMate.
- You can transfer files one at a time or all at once with TunesMate.
- You can manage and delete files right in the application’s interface if you’re using TunesMate.
- With TunesMate, you can easily back up all of your files.
- TunesMate doesn’t erase over your data when you sync your files.
- TunesMate will automatically delete duplicate files if you want.
- TunesMate gives you a lot more freedom.
So if you’re looking for an application that will give you total control, iMyFone TunesMate is the one you want.