Facebook marketplace is a combination of social media plus e-commerce platforms so that a user can get the advantage of both. The most important thing to consider here is that these sites are all location-based. So, they prefer to suggest or show only nearby available buying and selling options.
So, it might be possible that you need to change your location on Facebook marketplace. In this way, you can uncover the features to target your desired location for a business deal. There are many ways to get it done, but not all are efficient or valuable to suit your expectations. Hence, further, we will be discussing some useful options selected to get the job done!
Part 1: Why Do We Need to Change Location on Facebook Marketplace?
We can't neglect Facebook Marketplace if we want to connect with others to fulfill our buying or selling requirements.
After all, Facebook is the world's prevalent social media platform with more than 2.5 billion users. One more importance of Facebook is that, it also offers many location-based services. It is to ensure a better experience for its users.
The following might be cases in which you need to edit the current location of your gadget and to spoof the Facebook Marketplace about your present place:
- Case-1: Facebook Marketplace is very easy to use. All you need is to take a photo of your product using your phone's camera. The next step is to post it with the details and let the action begins.
- Case-2: Facebook Marketplace offers many convenient features to its users. There are closed targeted groups that you can access only after changing your current location to the desired one.
- Case-3: You can use the Facebook Marketplace search feature almost like any search engine. It can help you get the geo-specific results of your changed location regarding businesses, places, and more.
- Case-4: You might want your posts/ads to be highlighted on the search results of some other location or to know about some different site's active ads. In both scenarios changing the place is the best option.
Part 2: How to Change Facebook Marketplace Location?
1. Facebook Mobile App on iOS and Android Devices
The below steps will work for all iPhone and Android devices:
Step-1: Open the Facebook App, and tap on the hamburger icon located in the lower right corner.
Step-2: Choose the "Marketplace" option and click on the "Search" option located at the top.
Step-3: Enter the 'Name of the Item' in the search bar and click on the blue "Search" option located at the below right corner.
Step-4: You will see search results on the screen along with the summary of the location at the top left corner, so you need to click on it.
Step-5: The app will ask you to Turn on the location services or not. So, you need to proceed ahead with the "Not Now" option.
Step-6: You will see a new screen to "Change Location" here, you can set the new location as per the desired ZIP code or City.
Step-7: Select the center point of your target location and its radius using the toggle bar, click on the "Apply" blue button at the bottom.
Now, you will see search results based on your chosen location.
2. Facebook.com Website
If you are accessing Facebook via Browser or mostly like to use the Desktop mode in your gadgets, then move ahead with these steps:
Step-1: Open facebook.com in your browser and log in with your account.
Step-2: Tap on the "Marketplace" option with a storefront icon provided on the left panel.
Step-3: After entering the Marketplace application, you can easily find the left panel's location option.
Step-4: You can customize the location or edit it as per your need by selecting the ZIP code or any nearby area. Select the radius in the below dropdown menu option.
That's it! You can access the Facebook Marketplace on your device from a new target location!
Part 3: Change Location on Facebook Marketplace and More
The above two ways to edit Facebook Marketplace's location are too simple to use, but in the practical scenarios, these are highly avoided! The first reason behind it is the fact that those methods might not always work 100%. Another reason is you might get fed-up with changing its location every often since it is for temporary use.
Here, there is a useful option for you - iMyFone AnyTo location changer. With this user-friendly software, you can virtually change/fake/spoof your location to any other places in the world! It can perfectly work on both iOS and Android devices. All this can be set anytime you want it to be!
With iMyFone AnyTo, you can enjoy:
- Changing your location easily on any geo-based apps like Facebook Marketplace, Facebook dating, Tinder, Snapchat, and more.
- Quickly tapping on locations from the history records or My favorites (Bookmarks) to continue your business.
- Protecting your privacy, especially while using any dating apps. So that strangers can't track your location profile from Life360, WhatsApp, etc.
- Supporting almost all iOS and Android versions, including iOS 16 and Android 12.
- Managing your GPS Location on five different iOS devices simultaneously.
Steps to Change Location on Facebook Marketplace with AnyTo:
Step 1. Download the Installer file from AnyTo official website and launch the app.
Step 2. Connect your iOS/Android gadget with the computer using the compatible USB cable.
Step 3. Wait for some time till you will find the map is loaded completely.
Step 4. It will show up your current destination. You can alter it by tapping on the "Teleport Mode" provided at the last second on the screen's upper right corner. You can do it either by using the mouse to zoom in and out by scrolling. Otherwise, you can enter the right GPS coordinates/address on the search bar located in the map's top left corner.
Step 5. A sidebar will be shown, mentioning the new location you want to choose. Click on the blue "Move" button to finalize it on your device.
This method will change the location of your phone and spoof all the location-based apps installed. The geo-status of all the apps currently running on your device will also change as per your chosen place. Further, to regain your real location on the device, just restart your device.
There are many options as GPS spoofing apps available for all types of devices running on Android and iOS platforms. But, your goal must be to choose the one that gives you 100% security. Hence, no invaders can take advantage of hacking your device or access your private data. The most important is to protect the financial transactions that you are doing with the same gadget.
By considering everything in one, the best option is to go with iMyFone AnyTo. It can help you take advantage of changing your phone's virtual location without letting anyone know about it!