Data corruption occurs due to various reasons. But the sin of images is pretty common among other types of files. This article will discuss the reasons that damage and corrupt the images. Moreover, we will also talk about avoiding it and how to recover those images.
- Part 1. How to Recover Damaged/Corrupted JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF Images Files
- Part 2. FAQs
Part 1. How to Recover JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF Images Files
1.1 Can I Recover JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF Images Files
You can recover damaged and corrupted images if you know the correct method and tool. Plus, you also need to understand how you lost the data.
Before discussing the recovery of damaged/corrupted image files, let's talk about what makes JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF images corrupt.
- Interruption in data transfer can cause files to be corrupt. Whenever you transfer photos, and this process is interrupted, it corrupts the files.
- Virus and malware are the most common causes of damage to the image files. It can not only affect a part of your computer, but it can also affect the whole storage.
- With time, the hard drive degrades or deteriorates, which corrupts the bits on the hard drive. It can happen due to extreme weather conditions like high temp and humidity.
- Another reason for image corruption is the incompatible format. It means that the image file format is not supported, or you need to use the latest version of the photo viewer.
If your image files (JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF) get corrupted or damaged, you will notice that the computer cannot read or write on that specific file. It may contain black bars, gray bars, or even random colors. Sometimes, the file won't even open. So, let us see how we can avoid such image file corruption.
1.2 [Recommended] Data Recovery Tool Help Recover JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF Images Files
iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Data Recovery Expert is a recommended data recovery tool that can help the user recover damaged/corrupted JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF image files.
- It is compatible with operating systems like Windows and macOS. It consists of a friendly user interface.
- Even a beginner can recover files using this tool. Moreover, it provides a free version so that people can try out the device before actually paying for it.
- Its allows the user to preview all the recovered files.
- The user can use this tool's sorting part, which will make a list only of photos, videos, or files that you want to recover.
Here are its main features:
Here are simple steps to allow the user to recover damaged/corrupted JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF image files using iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Data Recovery Expert.
Step 1: If you don't have an iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Data Recovery Expert installed, you can download it from the iMyFone website. Install the tool and open it.
Step 2: Choose the drive from which you want to recover the damaged/corrupted JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF image files. Start a deep scan so you can recover the image files.
Step 3: iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Data Recovery Expert will then list all the files that it has recovered after scanning.
Choose the image files you want to recover and click on "Recover." Select the path or destination where you want to save these recovered files.
1.3 Some Ways May Work to Recover Damaged/Corrupted JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF Images Files
Although the recommended method to recover damaged/corrupted JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF images is by using the iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Data Recovery Expert, other ways might help recover image files.
- Some inaccessible JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF files may open in different formats. Try converting them to another image file and then open it.
- The best way to recover a corrupt image file is through a backup. When you face image file corruption, you can restore it from your Cloud or Hard drive backup if it exists.
- Another simple way to repair or recover a corrupt image file is to rename it without changing the extension It is unbelievable, but it works sometimes.
- If you directly open JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF files, they might not open and appear corrupt. Try opening them in Paint. If it opens appropriately, then it means that your image file is not evil. Rename the file and then open it.
- When JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF gets corrupt, and all the above solutions don't work, turn to a third-party data recovery tool. It will recover the damaged as well as deleted data in no time.
Part 2. FAQs
2.1 How to Recover Corrupted JPEG/JPG/GIF/Image/PNG Files from Memory Card
Mount the Memory Card on your computer. Open iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Data Recovery Expert. Choose the Memory card and start scanning it. It will preview all the files. You can then choose which files you want to recover and then select the path where you want to save them.
2.2 How do I Repair Corrupted JPEG/JPG/GIF/Image/PNG Files in Windows
There are many ways in which you can repair corrupted JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF files in Windows. The first one is by using the "Previous Version" feature of Windows. It works in most cases. But if it doesn't help, you can use a third-party recovery tool, such as iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Recovery.
2.3 Can Corrupted JPEG/JPG/GIF/Image/PNG Files be Fixed
Yes. Corrupted JPEG/JPG/GIF/image/PNG can be fixed. There are many solutions to this problem. You can either use the repair tool to improve the image files or use Command Prompt to run CHKDSK to fix the hard drive and get back the image files.
Image files like JPEG/JPG/GIF/PNG can get damaged or corrupted for many reasons. However, you can recover these image files. The recommended recovery method is to use a data recovery tool called the iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Data Recovery Expert. But there are also other ways to recover image files mentioned in the article. However, you can download the iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Data Recovery Expert for free and try out the tool to recover all the image files.