You can also read this guide in Français.
Got a new iPhone and wants to add some music to it from computer or old iPhone? It is not easy to transfer music from computer to iPhone unless you know the tricks to make it, especially when you want to transfer music from different computers or want to transfer free music to iPhone.
2 Ways to Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone
01 Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone Without iTunes - No Data Lost
If I had to opt for one tool to transfer music from computer to iPhone without deleting the existing songs, I will go for iMyFone TunesMate. TunesMate is an all-in-one iTunes alternative that allows you to add music to iPhone from computers/iTunes, back up iPhone music and restore backups, and easily delete unwanted songs or duplicates in bulk. It is highly spoken of by hundreds of users and well-known media.
Key Features of iMyFone TunesMate
- Support to transfer purchased songs or non-purchased music.
- Support all music/video formats. Automatically convert incompatible music to iPhone version when transferring to iPhone.
- Unlike iTunes, existing music on iPhone won't be deleted when downloading music to iPhone.
- Transfer music to iPhone from different computers/iTunes libraries without erasing.
- Support music, movies, playlists, audibooks, podcasts, camera roll, photo library, ringtones, etc.
3 Steps to Add Music from Computer to iPhone
Download a free trial of iMyFone TunesMate and folloe below to get music from computer to iPhone.
Step 1: Open TunesMate on your computer. Connect your iPhone to computer with a cable.
If it is the first time you use TunesMate, please tap “Trust” from pop-up window on iPhone to trust this computer.
Step 2: Click “Music” icon at the top menu on TunesMate. Click “Add”, then select “Add File” or “Add Folder”.
Step 3: Choose the location of music on your computer from the pop-up window. Select music files you want to add and click “OK” to start the transfer.
If you want to transfer music from different computers to iPhone, just install the software on other computers and repeat the above steps. Unlike iTunes sync, it won't erase your iPhone even when it's already synced to another iTunes library.
What Others Can TunesMate Do for iPhone Music?
- It gives you two-way transfer between iPhone and iTunes/computer at will.
- It has abilities to smartly manage iTunes/iPhone music library - add, edit, delete, back up.
- You can manually change music info, like name, artist, album, artwork, etc.
- It gives you choice to manage your music playlists, like creating, renaming, adding music to playlist, transferring songs between different playlists.
Want the most-efficient transfer of music from computer to iPhone? No other software does it better. Use iMyFone TunesMate! It offers a free trial.
02 Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone Using iTunes
Though using iTunes to transfer music from computer to iPhone is limited, but it is the official way to make it. Here is how it works.
Step 1: Using USB cable, connect your iPhone to computer already installed with the latest version of iTunes.
Step 2: Launch iTunes, and click on the “File” button from the top left menu.
Step 3: Choose "Add File to Library" to add music files to iTunes one by one or "Add Folder to Library" to add all song files in a folder to iTunes at once.
Step 4: Once done, click on the iPhone icon on iTunes to open the “Music” tab. Then tick the “Sync Music” box.
Step 5: Check the box corresponding to “Entire Music Library” or “Selected Playlists, Artists, Albums and Genres” if you want to sync all tracks in iTunes Media library or some selected few to your iPhone respectively.
Step 6: Click on the “Apply” button. Wait for the transfer to be completed.
You should know that, the music library on iPhone will be deleted using this way.
Note: If this is a new computer that your iPhone connects in the first time, you will see the following warning window.
You should tap “Cancel” or “Erase and Sync” to continue.
- Only some specific formats supported by iTunes can be transferred.
- It would cover original music files on iPhone.
- You can transfer music to iPhone from one computer. Or your iPhone will be erased.