Got a new iPhone and wants to add some music from your computer? Perhaps you have just downloaded a number of great songs and want to transfer them to your iPhone to enjoy conveniently? Rather than carry around a separate PMP or MP3 player, it is worth to consider the iPhone as a music player.
It is not easy to transfer music from computer to iPhone unless you know the tricks to make it, especially when you want to transfer free music to iPhone. You can find the good way to make it no matter you have the paid or free music.
2 Ways to Add Music to iPhone from Computer
01 Download Music from Computer to iPhone Without iTunes - No Data Lost
If I had to opt for one tool to transfer or manage my iPhone music, I will go for iMyFone TunesMate. TunesMate is one of the most-effective and simplest ways on how to transfer music from computer to iPhone.
- It provides you with an all-in-one media transfer solution, supporting all music formats.
- It gives you the chance to add freely-download music to iPhone, not limited to purchased songs.
- It helps you to add music to iPhone from different computers.
- No sync issues as iTunes or data loss!
With TunesMate, you can get music from computer to your iPhone in just 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Download and install TunesMate on your computer. Connect your iPhone to computer with a cable.
If it is the first time you use TunesMate, please tap “Trust” from pop-up window on iPhone.
Step 2: Click “Music” icon at the top menu on TunesMate. Click “Add”, then select “Add File” or “Add Folder”.
Step 3: Choose the location of music on your computer from the pop-up window. Select music files you want to add and click “OK” to start the transfer.
Note: If the music you want to add is not supported by iPhone, TunesMate will automatically convert its format to the one that is supported by iPhone.
What Others Can TunesMate Do for iPhone Music?
- It gives you two-way transfer between iPhone and iTunes/computer at will.
- It has abilities to smartly manage your music library - add, edit, delete, back up.
- You can also manage your music library much easier with playlists, like creating, renaming, adding music to playlist, transferring songs between different playlists.
Want the most-efficient transfer of music from computer to iPhone? No other software does it better. Use iMyFone TunesMate! It offers a free trial.
02 Move Music from Computer to iPhone Using iTunes - Data Lost
Though using iTunes to transfer music to iPhone from computer is limited, but it is the official way to make it. Here is how it works.
Step 1: Using USB cable, connect your iPhone to computer already installed with the latest version of iTunes.
Step 2: Launch iTunes, and click on the “File” button from the top left menu.
Step 3: Choose "Add File to Library" to add music files to iTunes one by one or "Add Folder to Library" to add all song files in a folder to iTunes at once.
Step 4: Once done, click on the iPhone icon on iTunes to open the “Music” tab. Then tick the “Sync Music” box.
Step 5: Check the box corresponding to “Entire Music Library” or “Selected Playlists, Artists, Albums and Genres” if you want to sync all tracks in iTunes Media library or some selected few to your iPhone respectively.
Step 6: Click on the “Apply” button. Wait for the transfer to be completed.
Note: If this is a new computer that your iPhone connects in the first time, you will see the following warning window.
You should tap “Cancel” or “Erase and Sync” to continue.
- Only some specific formats supported by iTunes can be transferred.
- It would cover original music files on iPhone.
- Music which are not purchased from iTunes store cannot be added to iPhone from computer with iTunes.