WhatsApp allows you to back up chats daily or aperiodically to iCloud/Google Drive. However, the old backup will be re-formatted or overwritten after the new backup create, which is why there is another option to export your data via email or other App.
This method of exporting WhatsApp chats via email also has its shortcomings:
- The biggest limitation is that you can only export chat history one by one，which means that if there are 200 chats to backup, you have to do the same thing over and over again for 200 times!!!
- The number of exported media is also limited.
So here comes the topic today, is there any easy way to export all WhatsApp chats at once?
In this article, I will introduce separately iPhone and Android users about this issue. Feel free to jump to the method you are interested in through the table below.
Part 1. Export All WhatsApp Chats on iPhone at Once
As we mentioned above, export WhatsApp chats through email will be cumbersome. That is why iMyFone created iTransor, a no-limit data backup, export, and transfer tool for your iPhone, iPad, or iPad touch devices.
It can export all WhatsApp chats on your device at once to .html, .xls, or .csv files. What's more, if you choose the .html format to export, you will be seeing the WhatsApp messages, photos, and videos lying in order just as what they like on your iPhone:
Here’s a quick tutorial guide of how to export all WhatsApp chats at once on the iPhone:
Step 1.First, download the iTransor app and launch on your PC.
Step 2.Connect your iPhone to the computer, select Export from Device & Backup at the left panel and then select Export From Device.
Step 3.Now you will be able to choose the type of data that you want to export. Tick WhatsApp on the Third-party IM App section.
Step 4.Just press the Export and all your WhatsApp data will be stored on your PC.
- Back up and restore WhatsApp data on iOS devices without uninstalling WhatsApp.
- No Risk of Data Loss.
- Export Data in Different Formats.
- View the data in your backup before transferring.
- Only support for Apple devices.
- With the help of this tool, you can export WhatsApp from iTunes/iCloud backup also.
Part 2. Export All WhatsApp Chats on Android Devices at Once
Now that you are well acquainted with how to export all WhatsApp chats on iPhone, you may wonder how to export all WhatsApp data through Android?
Here we introduce another tool to help you - WhatsApp Viewer.
WhatsApp Viewer is creat to display the mgstore.db file, which is the backup format of WhatsApp for Android devices. As the tool supports all major WhatsApp encryption versions from crypt5, crypt7, crypt8, and crypt12, this feature enables it to open WhatsApp chat backups on your computer. You are allowed to search messages, scroll older messages that too in a convenient way. It also support chat exports to .txt, .html and .json formats at once.
Let's see how to use WhatsApp Viewer below:
- First, you need to get your key and database file from the phone.
- Open the WhatsApp Viewer and go to File > Open > Select File.
- Select the WhatsApp msgstore.db file you would like to read and export and then leave the account name empty.
- After this you can see all your chat messages and also be able to export all chat into.txt and .html files.
NoteTo learn more about acquiring the key and database, read this forum thread of xda-developers.
Part 3. Export All WhatsApp Chats as They Appear on Android/iPhone at Once
If you want to switch phones with different operating systems, you'd better use a third party to help. Here we recommend iTransor for WhatsApp to you! It is a tool that focuses on WhatsApp data management between Android and iPhone.
- Support both WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business.
- Support export all the WhatsApp data including chats, photos, videos, etc.
- Transfer WhatsApp directly between iOS and Android devices.
- Back up the WhatsApp data from iOS/Android devices to PC.
- Restore the backup to another iOS/Android device without OS restrictions.
Export WhatsApp Chat between different devicesStep 1. Make a backup of your phone
Launch iTransor for WhatsApp, click the "Back Up WhatsApp on Devices" tab and connect your phone to PC. After the phone is recognized, click Back Up and wait for the backup process to finish.Step 2. Choose the chats you want to export.
Click Restore/Export WhatsApp Backup, and choose the backup you just made. Then click "Export to computer". The program will automatically scan the backup.Step 3. Export all the WhatsApp chats you want at once.
After the scanning is finished, you can see all backups on the screen, select the data you want to export, and click "Export".
Part 4. Comparison of the Different Methods to Export WhatsApp
You can still read the table below to compare the methods we mention about WhatsApp chats exporting.
|via Email||via iTransor||via WhatsApp Viewer||via iTransor for WhatsApp|
|How WhatsApp Messages are Exported||Messages and media files are separately exported||Messages and media files are shown as what they are on the phone||Messages and media files are separately exported||Export as the WhatsApp chats appear on phone, or as a log file|
|How to Export||Manually export chats one by one||Within a few clicks, all chats will be exported at once.||You have to export the key and database of your WhatsApp, it's complicated.||Backup and then export all WhatsApp chats with/without media files at once.|
Words in the End
Above is all the methods on export WhatsApp chats at once. Without the help of third-party tools, this process will be cumbersome.
Our most recommended method is to use iTransor for WhatsApp. It is simple to use, which can be your first choice! Come try it out.