We use our iOS devices on a daily basis to store pictures, contacts, texts, chats, music, videos and everything that we find interesting and entertaining. Having such amount of data on the device makes it vulnerable to data loss issues. Gadgets are electronics and can malfunction any time. So to recover precious data stored on them, you may know a software like Phone Rescue.
What is PhoneRescue?
PhoneRescue is a program developed by iMobie that can recover data from iPhone and some iOS devices. It works for 20+ file types including call history, contacts, iMessages, music, video, photos, reminders etc. It comes with 3 recovery modes with ability to trace data from the device and iTunes or iCloud backups. You can save the data and backups to computer also.
The Need for PhoneRescue Alternative
PhoneRescue is a useful program but users always have some doubts and questions: is PhoneRescue safe? Is it limited in its options? Does PhoneRescue work in different situations? Well, actually the program does have some performance issues. The main complaints against it are:
- The pop-up window showing the supported data types is not user-friendly
- It can be installed on only one computer if you purchase a personal license
- Sometimes it crashes when data scanning gets to the end
- It does not work for all claimed file types
The Best PhoneRescue Alternative - iMyFone D-Back
iMyFone D-Back iOS data recovery/iMyFone D-Back iOS data recovery for Mac beats PhoneRescue hands down in its offerings and performance. The features of iMyFone D-Back make it a class apart from any other programs in the field of iPhone data recovery. Recommended by known technology websites, such as Cult of Mac, Make Use Of and much more, D-Back is an expert program to recover data from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch and provides smart scanning and recovery options. It is fully compatible with iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7.
Features That Make iMyFone D-Back Better than PhoneRescue
iMyFone has many unique functions like:
1 Four-mode Data Recovery
D-Back delivers 4 modes of recovery methods whereas PhoneRescue gives you 3. With the program, you can recover from
- iOS Device – There is no need to worry if you have not made any data backup. This mode scans the device and gets back deleted contacts, photos, videos, notes and more directly from the device.
- iTunes – Any content that has been saved through an iTunes backup on a PC/Mac can be used for recovery. It does not matter if the iPhone is lost or damaged.
- iCloud – iMyFone can trace backups on iCloud and recover data from them. The backup can be directly downloaded on the computer to avoid overwriting current data on the device.
- Smart Recovery – This is the most unique feature of iMyFone D-Back. You don't have to stress yourself if you have forgotten or have no clue of the location of iOS data. This mode can be initiated to trace and relocate data quickly and effectively.
2 Friendly and Simple User Interface
iMyFone D-Back is designed to make your life easy. The recovery of data can be done in just 3 steps – select, scan and recover. There is nothing confusing and the interface is simple and easy to interact with. All the important tasks are handled by the program in the background while you only enjoy the results.
3 Less Expensive
Price is a big factor for any decision and you will be happy to know that iMyFone costs lower than PhoneRescue. Single user subscription for PhoneRescue costs $49.99 while the Family pack comes at $69.99. For iMyFone D-Back, you can share the software with your friends and claim an additional $10 off! So users can get iMyFone D-Back personal license with only $39.95 and Family pack with only $59.95. Talk about quality at an affordable price and iMyFone is your choice.
4 Other Reasons
- Apart from iPhone, iMyFone is also compatible with iPad and iPod touch. It supports from iPhone 4s to iPhone X, all models of iPad and even iPod touch 6. It also supports all iOS versions including the latest iOS 12.
- Besides WhatsApp, some SNS apps which are not so popular can be recovered also, such as Kik and WeChat.
- Free Trial version for both Windows and Mac user.
How to Use iMyFone D-Back to Recover Lost Data
The alternative to iMobie PhoneRescue is simpler to use. The following is a tutorial to help you use iMyFone D-back to recover lost data. Before start, you should download and install D-Back from iMyFone official website and launch the program.
Step 1: From the primary window, click on "Recover from iOS Device" and then click on "Start." You will be required to connect the device to the computer using USB cable and once the program detects the iPhone, click on "Next".
Step 2: Choose the types of data you want to recover. Select a file type or multiple file types and click "Scan" to continue and then the program will take a little while to scan the data on the device.
Step 3: When the scan is complete, preview the found data and select the lost data you need. Click "Recover" and select a file path in the pop-up that appears. Then D-Back will finish the final recovery process for you.
The above discussion leaves no room for doubts. The choice is simple and clear - iMyFone D-Back or iMyFone D-Back for Mac. It’s cheaper, has more features, and better service than iMobie PhoneRescue. You can even use it to fix the iOS system if you meet some problems when upgrading to iOS 12. Try the trial version to test and verify it!