iPhone’s latest releases like iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR are becoming popular across the globe. Despite all the impressive features and superior functionality, even Apple phones tend to lose data due to accidental deletions or other reasons. This is why you need a powerful data recovery tool that are compatible with new Apple phones. Well, in this article, we will explain the most practical iPhone XS data recovery method for our readers.
- 1: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery from Recent Deleted Album
- 2: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery from iOS Device (with No Backup)
- 3: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery from iTunes Backup (with No Data Loss)
- 4: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery from iCloud Backup (with No Data Loss)
- 5: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery by iTunes Backup Restoration (with Data Loss)
- 6: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery by iCloud Backup Restoration (with Data Loss)
- 7: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery from iCloud.com (only files/Contacts/Calendar/Bookmark)
- 8: Reviews the Above Methods
1: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery from Recent Deleted Album
Accidental deletion is surely among the most common way to lose data stored in an iPhone XS, XS Max or XR. Users tend to play with the files like photo albums and as a result of a single mistake, and in next second, the album will be gone! However, if you have deleted the respective album recently (within the past 30 days), there is a good chance of recovering it if you follow the steps below. Here we will take photos as an example.
- Go to the Photos App and then visit the albums.
- Scroll down to the bottom part of the screen and tap the option “Recently Deleted”.
- Find the folder that contains the photos you have deleted within the past 30 days.
- Tap on the photo you need to have back on your phone and select the option “Recover”.
2: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery from iOS Device
If there is no backup and you still want to perform an iPhone recovery, you need use a powerful data recovery software for iPhone. Here, we intend to use a powerful tool called iMyFone D-Back.
iMyFone D-Back is specifically designed, powerful software tool to recover data from devices like iPhone XS, iPhone XR and iPhone XS Max. It has a powerful set of features to recover deleted or lost data from your iPhone. This user-friendly tool makes it really easy even for a novice user to use.
How to perform iPhone XS/XS Max/XR recovery using D-Back
Now, let’s see how to recover data using this powerful tool. Before everything else, you should download and install iMyFone D-Back in your computer.
Step 1.Connect Your iOS Device to Computer
Once the software is launched, you will find an option called “Recover from iOS Device”. Start with that option and click on the button labeled “Start”.
You should connect your iOS device to the same computer you installed D-Back. Once the device is detected by the program, you can press “Next” to move forward.
Step 2.Define the Files You Need to Recover
You can now select the type of the files to recover. For instance, you should define whether you need to recover photos. Then, you should click on “Scan”. The program will perform a deep scan searching for deleted photos on your device.
Step 3.Preview the Files before Recovering
Once the scanning is completed, you can see that the recoverable data is listed methodically on the screen. You can preview the deleted files only simply by clicking on “Show only the deleted files”. Now, you can select the files you want to recover and hit “Recover” button located towards the bottom of the screen. You need wait for a couple of minutes until the recovery process is done.
3: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery from iTunes Backup
If you want to perform iPhoneXS/XS Max/XR recovery without experiencing any data loss, here’s how to do it.
Just like the previous method, you should have the software installed on your computer before starting the process.
- You should start the process by clicking on the option labeled “Start” which is located under “Recover from iTunes Backup”.
- Then, you should define the iTunes backup and click on the option labeled “Next”.
- Now, you will see all supported data types, just choose what you need and then click “Scan”. Then wait for a while for the scan to be completed.
- After scanning, you can preview and recover the data. You can select the option called “Only show the deleted files” to narrow down the search and make it quick. Then, click on the button labeled “Recover” to complete this process.
4: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery from iCloud Backup
Here’s how to recover data from iCloud backup without losing data.
- Choose “Recover from iCloud Backup” and click Start to continue.
- Use the credentials of the synced iCloud account and log in. Then select the iCloud backup in which your files are located. Then, press “Next”.
- Select the type of the files you need to recover and hit “Scan”. Wait for a couple of minutes for the program to scan the backup.
- At the completion of the scan, you can preview the files. Click on the files you need to retrieve and hit “Recover”. Then, select a destination to save your recovered files.
5: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery by iTunes Restoration
- Launch iTunes on the computer you are using (Mac or PC) to backup the data of your iOS device. Then, connect the device into the same computer through the original USB cable. If prompted to provide a passcode or trust the connected computer, please follow the instructions displayed on screen.
- Then, select the iOS device you are using once it is appeared on your iTunes.
- Now, you should select the option called Restore Backup in iTunes.
- You can now select the most relevant backup from the list after considering the data and size.
- Click on “Restore” and wait for the process to be completed. If prompted, provide the password to decrypt the iTunes backup. Don’t disconnect your device in the restore process.
6: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery by iCloud Restoration
- Turn the device on and you will see the welcome screen. If the device is already configured, you will have to erase the data it contains before proceeding to the next step.
- Carefully follow the onscreen setup to see Apps & Data screen. Choose tap Restore from iCloud backup.
- You can now select a backup which you will restore. You can go through the information like data and size of the available backups and decide the most relevant one for you. After selecting the best backup, the transferring process will begin.
- Provide the credentials and log into your Apple ID when prompted. That will allow you to restore what you have already purchased under the respective account. Wait for a while and stay connected.
- Finish the setup process and you can now use the device without any trouble. Data like photos, apps, music etc. will get restored in the background. The duration of this process may vary depending on the amount of data. So, it is best to keep your device connected to Wi-Fi until the restoration is completed.
7: iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Recovery from iCloud.com
This method only works on files, contacts, calendar, bookmarks. Here we will take bookmarks as example.
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in and go to the Settings option.
- Scroll down on the screen and click on the option “Restore Bookmaarks”. This option can be found under “Advanced” option.
- Now, click on the Restore button.
- Confirm the restoration process simply by clicking on the Restore button once again.
- At the completion of the above step, you should get a notification on iCloud.com. An email will be sent the Apple ID of yours.
Part 8: Reviews of the Above Methods
- You’re able to recover data without a backup via D-Back
- D-Back doesn’t depend on internet connection (as opposed to iCloud)
- iMyFone D-Back doesn’t affect existing data (as opposed to iCloud and iTunes)
- iCloud offers only 5GB of free capacity (iMyFone D-Back has no such limitation)
- D-Back supports more than 18 data types such as messages, WhatsApp, photos and contacts
- You can view all the content of iTunes or iCloud backups so you can select which data you want
- D-Back does not overwrite current data on your device so you never lose anything else
- D-Back can extract and recover data from iTunes or iCloud without having to restore
You can go through the above details once again and decide the best method to perform iPhone XS/XS Max/XR recovery. After all, you should trust your instincts and try the most reliable and user-friendly option. We appreciate if you can leave us a comment about your experience with the method you tried.