How to Copy Songs From iPhone / iPod / iPad to PC
There are two main ways to transfer your songs from iPhone / iPod / iPad to PC, one has a huge advantages over the other. First, let’s look at the way most people do it:
01 Transfer songs from iPhone/iPad/iPod to PC with iTunes
Step 2: Go to “Edit”, then click “Preferences”, and then click on “Devices”. Find the box next to the text that says, “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically” and check it.
Step 3: Plug your iOS device to your PC.
Step 4: Go to the “File” tab, then go down to “Devices”, then click “Transfer Purchase from XX”. This will cause your device to transfer its songs to your PC, if you purchased them from the iTunes store.
Seems pretty easy, right? Unfortunately, it has a few disadvantages, such as:
- You can’t transfer music that you didn’t purchase from Apple store.
- You might even lose files that you didn’t purchase.
- You can’t pick and choose which files you specifically want to transfer.
- You can’t preview the files before you transfer them.
- iTunes is a cumbersome application to use.
Transferring songs from iPod/iPad/iPhone with iTunes is not a good idea. Why not consider a better and easy-to-use method to do so.
02 Transfer Songs from iPod/iPad/iPhone with Best iTunes Alternative
Another approach you can take is to use third-party software to transfer your songs. The best of these is iMyFone TunesMate. The reason why it’s so advantageous is that it gives you a lot of control over your device.
- You can transfer songs one at a time if you want, or you can simply sync with iTunes all at once.
- You can transfer songs according to different playlists.
- You don’t have to worry if you didn’t purchase your music through the iTunes store.
- You can transfer your files a lot faster than with iTunes.
Step 1: Launch TunesMate on your PC and plug in your iPod at this time.
Step 2: Go to “Music” tab and choose the “Music”. Select the songs.
Step 3: Click “Export” then “Export to PC”, and then choose a destination folder. Confirm, and your songs should be transferred.
iMyFone TunesMate is great for organizing and managing the music on your device and it blows iTunes out of the water in terms of functionality. You can even change the songs info, like name, genre, cover, etc. You can even back up your music all at once if you don’t feel like sifting through individual files. All this is available in a lightweight package, so you don’t have to deal with the slow loading of iTunes.
Interesting and Useful Functions of TunesMate to Get More Official Songs
iMyFone TunesMate can help you to rebuild your iTunes library without covering the original contents. It can also help you to transfer your iTunes songs back to iPod/iPad/iPhone without covering.
What you can use these functions to do?
- Rebuild the iTunes library with different iOS device. Then the iTunes library will have all the songs from your different devices.
- Transfer the iTunes library back to your iOS device. Then you have all your songs in the same devices. Of course, you can transfer the iTunes library to your different iOS devices.
Of course, iMyFone TunesMate doesn’t just transfer music. It transfers many different kinds of files, including video, pictures, , and other data. You can transfer files between your PC and your devices, and also between device and iTunes, so it serves as a complete solution for your data management needs.
If you’re sick of iTunes and you want more freedom and control over your files, definitely download iMyFone TunesMate. You’ll be amazed at the things that you’ll be able to do.