If you have music on your Mac, that’s great, but if you really want to enjoy it outside the house, you’re going to have to transfer it to your iPhone. Follow these 3 methods to transfer music from mac to iPhone and enjoy your music with your iPhone.
How to Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone
There are a few different ways to transfer the music, both using and not using iTunes. Let’s take a look:
01 Music from Mac to iPhone Using iPhone Transfer Tool
Perfect for: Everyone who want to transfer any music from Mac to iPhone without losing any data.
Did you know that you can transfer music from mac to iPhone at all? Using an iPhone transfer tool like iMyFone TunesMate , you can directly transfer iPhone music to and from your Mac without iTunes sync.
TunesMate is a good alternative of iTunes:
- Support all music formats and automatically convert music supported by iPhone.
- Support purchased and free iPhone music from and to Mac/iTunes.
- No music files will be deleted while transferring.
Here is how you can transfer music from Mac to iPhone:
Step 1: Download iMyFone TunesMate on your Mac. Install and open it. Connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable.
Step 2: Click “Music” where you see the tab at the top. A list of your iPhone songs should come up automatically after this.
Step 3: Hit “Add > Add File/Folder” button to locate your Mac music. Choose the music you want to transfer and tap “Open” to start the transfer process.
Or you can use the drag-and-drop way to transfer music. Just open the music folder on your Mac and directly drag the selected songs to the music window of TunesMate.
02 Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone Using Cloud Services
Perfect for: iPhone users who have much iOS space and have stable Wi-Fi connection.
Cloud services allow you to store music on servers using the Internet, so you can technically use them to transfer music from Mac to iPhone as well. Here are some services you could try:
- Google Play Music
In contrast, with TunesMate, you can just directly transfer music from your Mac to your iPhone and you don’t need an Internet connection.
03 Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone with iTunes
Perfect for: iPhone users who do not fear to lose songs while transferring.
Of course, you can always just go with iTunes, since it’s the default option—even if it’s not the best one. Here is how to do it:
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer.
- On iTunes, make sure you are in "Music" library. Go to "File > Add File to Library" and locate your Mac music.
- Select the songs you want to transfer and hit "Open" to add them to iTunes music library.
- Click device icon at the upper right corner on iTunes and go to "Music" from the left sidebar.
- Check "Sync Music" and choose to sync entire music library or selected songs. Hit "Sync" button to tramsfer music from iTunes library to iPhone.
As you might already imagine, there are a few limitations with this.
- For one, it will erase the previous music on your iPhone.
- It only supports specific formats, like MP3. You need to convert music first.
- If your iPhone is synced with another iTunes library, or it is the first time to sync your iPhone music on this Mac, it will erase your iPhone.
Powerful Functions of iMyFone TunesMate
As a good alternative of iTunes, apart from transferring music from Mac to iPhone, TunesMate also works good in two-way transfer and smart management.
- Export music to iTunes/computer from unlimited iPhones.
- Import music collection from iTunes/computer to iPhones even in different Apple IDs.
Manage iPhone media collection:
- Delete unwanted music/video/photos/apps in bulk. It is the free trial.
- Back up iPhone media to local library and enjoy a huge collection.
- Edit iPhone music ID3 tags, like artwork, name, artist, etc.
- Manage music playlists by creating, renaming, adding/removing music.