Losing text messages can be frustrating or irritating for the user. It may contain important data. There are many reasons why you can lose text messages, and accidental deletion is the most common reason. In this article, we will discuss how to recover deleted text messages on Motorola with different methods. Read the article to avoid yourself from losing text messages, and if you lost them, then follow these methods to retrieve them.
Table of Content [Hide]
Part 1. Can I Recover Deleted Text Messages on Motorola?
Yes. You can recover deleted text messages on Motorola. Although there is no undo button on Motorola, there are ways in which you can retrieve text messages. When the text messages are deleted, they are not permanently lost from the phone. They happen to stay on the phone for a while. So, the user can recover it but make sure to follow these steps to avoid losing it forever.
- Try not to open any apps on your Motorola.
- Do not create new files on your phone as it can overwrite the text messages.
- Turn on AirPlane mode so no new text messages can arrive and take the space of old text messages.
- Find a recovery tool as soon as you can.
Part 2. How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Motorola with Backup
We all know that Android phones use Google Drive to create a backup of the data. But if the user has turned on the backup, the backup will be created. It is a high chance that the backup is turned on for all the users, including all of the apps and data.
- To check if you have a backup of Text Messages on Google Drive, simply open Google Drive, click on three horizontal lines and click on Backup. You can see here if there is any backup for Text Messages. If there is a backup, then the user can easily recover the deleted Text Messages on Motorola. Select the backup and choose the option of SMS Text messages. Tap on Restore, and all the previously deleted text messages will be retrieved by the user.
- Another way to check the Google Drive backup is by going into Settings > Account and backup > Backup and restore > Backup Data. Check if the text messages are enabled or not. If it is, then it can be recovered from Google Drive.
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Motorola Without Backup
We have discussed a method to recover text messages with backup, but in this part, we will discuss how we can recover deleted text messages on Motorola without backup. It will require a third-party data recovery tool with advanced tools, such as iMyFone D-Back for Android. Let us see how we can use this tool to recover deleted text messages without backup.
Step 1.After downloading iMyFone D-Back for Android, depending on your operating system, install it. Click on Recover Phone Data on the homepage.
Step 2.Enter the details of your Android device name and device model. The tool will then use this information to download the data package for your Android device.
Step 3.Now, connect your Android device to the computer with a USB cable. Follow the instructions and enter downloading mode with three simple steps.
Step 4.Choose the type of data that you want to recover. As we want to recover text messages, click on Messages. The tool will then start scanning the Android device for this specific data.
Step 5.You can then preview the data and choose the data that you want to recover. Select the data and then click on Recover. It will be retrieved from the path you choose.
In this article, we have discussed different ways in which the user can recover deleted text messages on Motorola with and without backup. If you have a Google Drive backup, then it can be easily recovered. But if you don't have a backup, then you will need a data recovery tool like iMyFone D-Back for Android. It is a very powerful tool that can recover deleted files without backup. The user can then preview the data and recover important files.