The scenario is all too popular; you go to check our messages and find that you accidentally deleted a few important ones. Most people immediately panic, not knowing what to do. This initial panic is understandable and quite normal but then it is almost always followed by a need to fix the problem. The main issue here is that unless you had backed up your text messages, there is precious little you can do. At least this is what most people have been led to believe.
If you have deleted some messages on iPhone accidentally and have already gone through the panic stage, this article will offer you a simple, yet effective solution to get them back. Keep reading.
What to Do First
Before we get to our simple and effective solution, we advise you to do the following;
- Check if you had backed up the text messages either on iTunes or iCloud. You never know, your messages or at least some of them may be in one of your backups. If they are, it will only be a matter of restoring the backup or if you don’t want to restore the device, we’ll show you how to get only these messages from the backup file.
- If you don’t have the messages in any of your backups, then we advise that you stop using the device immediately. This is because continuing to use the device could overwrite the missing text messages thereby rendering them unrecoverable.
Recover Accidentally Deleted Text Messages using iMyfone D-Back
If you don’t find your messages on any of your backup files or you only want to recover these messages without restoring the device, iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Mac will help you get the messages back on your device. Unlike other data recovery tools, this program is designed to make it very easy for you to get all your text messages in pristine condition either from the device, an iTunes backup file or an iCloud backup file. The following are just some of the program’s features to help you recover the messages.
- It can also be used to recover over 22 other types of files on nearly all iOS devices, such as photos, notes, voice memos, videos, WhatsApp messages, Kik messages, etc .
- It comes with a preview function that allows to preview data before recovery. This means that you have the unique ability to recover some messages as opposed to all messages.
- It also has the additional ability to help you fix a malfunctioning iOS operating system.
Here’s how to use iMyfone D-Back to recover missing text messages.
Please note that we can recover the text messages from an iCloud or iTunes backup (if they are there) or directly from the iPhone (if you hadn’t backed them up.) Download and install the program and then, follow the tutorial below to recover the messages in one of the three ways.
1 Recover Accidentally Deleted Text Messages from iPhone Directly
You should use this method if you hadn’t backed up the messages.
Step 1: Launch the program and then click on “Recover from iOS device.” Click on Start to begin. In the next window, select “Message” under “Message & Call Log” as the file type we want to recover. You will then be asked to connect the device to the computer using USB cables.
Step 2: Once the program has detected the program, click on “Scan” to allow iMyfone to scan the device for the missing messages. When the scan is complete, find the messages in the recovered files displayed on the next window and then click “Recover.”
2 Recover Accidentally Deleted Text Messages from iTunes Backup
Follow these simple steps to recover the messages from an iTunes backup file.
Step 1: From the main window, choose “Recover from iTunes Backup” and then click “Start.” In the next window, select the file type you wish to recover (in this case messages)
Step 2: Select the iTunes backup file that likely contains the missing text messages and click “Scan.”
Step 3: When the scanning process is complete, select the missing text messages from the results displayed and click “Recover.”
3 Recover Accidentally Deleted Text Messages from iCloud Backup
If you wish to recover the missing messages from an iCloud Backup file, follow these very simple steps to do it.
Step 1: in the main window, select “Recover from iCloud Backup” tab and click on “Start.” The next window will allow you to select the type of file you wish to recover. Choose “Messages” and click “Next” to continue.
Step 2: Sign in to your iCloud account and in the next window select the iCloud backup file that contains your missing messages. Click “Next” to allow the program to scan the backup file.
Step 3: Preview and select the missing text messages on the next window and then click “Recover” to get them back.