Microsoft Windows 10(64&32 bits)/ 8.1(64&32 bits)/8 (64&32 bits)/7 (64&32 bits)/Vista (64&32 bits)/XP (32 bit).
iOS: iOS 7.0 and iOS 7.0 later including the latest iOS 9
CPU: 1GHz (32 bit or 64 bit).
RAM: at least 256 MB RAM (1028MB Recommended).
Hard Disk: free storage space of more than 200 MB.
Re-connect your iPhone via the right USB.
Do remember: not to use your phone continuously after data being deleted.
If this is not the case, here are other reasons and the solutions after the iTunes identify your device.
- USB ports or the cable is not functioning. You can try other USB ports and cables for connection.
- Bad connection between the device and computer. Disconnect all other USB connections aside from mouse and keyboard or restart both your iPhone and computer.
- Low computer compatibility. Try another computer.
- Anti-virus software restricts its functioning. Change the anti-virus settings or disable it in the recovery process.
- A password was applied to the iTunes backup before.
- The iOS device screen is locked.
- Restore WhatsApp's chat history in DFU Mode.
1. press Home and Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
2. release Power button and keep holding Home button for about 15 seconds.
After entering DFU mode, the program will show the fixing interface and you can just click Start to fix your iPhone again.
iMyFone Umate Pro
To disable the "Find my iPhone" feature, please go to Settings>iCloud>Find My iPhone, and turn it off. You will need your iCloud password to do this. If you have forgotten it, then reset your password.
Note: This is only for iOS 7.0.0-iOS 7.0.6.
Step 1. Go to the Settings>iCloud>Account. Here, click on delete password and then input any new password on the iCloud Account Information window, and then click on Done. If the browser prompts any warning, then click on Ok and then on Cancel to exit.
Step 2. Go to Settings>iCloud>Account again, if the Description bar is not iCloud, please input iCloud and then delete it. Click Done. If the Description bar is iCloud, please delete iCould and click Done to exit.
After you successfully reset your password, you can now go back to your iCloud settings and disable Find my iPhone.
Even after you disable Find my iPhone, if the popup continues to appear, then follow the steps listed below to ensure that Find my iPhone is disabled.
1. First double tap on the Home button, and then from the multitasking screen, end the Settings process. Restart your iPhone.
2. Now go to the iCloud options under Settings, and then ensure that Find my iPhone is turned off / disabled.
3. Check if your iPhone is connected to the internet by opening Safari and visiting any webpage. You can also switch to another network connection by going to Settings>WiFi to test this.
iMyFone Umate Pro is one of the most effective software to clear out all your personal data- including SMS, images, call logs. The data deleted by Umate Pro cannot be recovered. It also supports jailbreaked devices. Many other apps for such purposes do not have such features.
The option - Reset All Settings will make all the settings of the device back to the default factory settings, but it does not delete Contacts, Calendar and Documents.
The option - Erase All Settings and Contents will format all contents including the system settings, but data deleted by this way may be recoverable. Performing "Restore" on your iPhone will not delete the personal data. To know more about it, you can check out http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10115481-233.html for more information.
At present, file erasing cannot be done remotely. IMyfone Umate Pro is mainly for those who want to transfer devices at the moment. This feature has been considered for insertion in future updates.
When the system deletes any files, it only marks them as "Available". If these files are not overwritten, then they can be recovered. With the function of “Erase Deleted Files”, you can overwrite the files that are system deleted, which makes them unrecoverable. This erases only the deleted pictures, SMS and call logs. The exiting files on the device are not affected.
For resolving this error, use the following procedure:
- Connect your device to your PC/Laptop and open iTunes.
- Select the iPod/iPhone/iPad icon and go on your device.
- Disable the option that says "Encrypt iPhone Backup" in the backup settings.
- Unlock the device backup by entering your password.
- You can now go ahead and use iMyFone Umate Pro.
To resolve this, first go to the Menu-About page and check the version of iMyFone Umate Pro that you are using. If you are not on the latest version, then go to the Check for Update options under Menu to ensure that you are always on the latest version, or update manually by going to:
If you are still unable to erase on the latest version, then check out the following tips for help:
- If your iOS device is locked during the process, then try again after unlocking the device.
- If the backup file created by iTunes is encrypted, then open iTunes and plug in your phone to the computer. Uncheck the option that says encrypt backups and then try again.
- Check if there is sufficient free storage in your device. You can check this under the Settings->General->Storage option. The amount of free space should be more than the size of photos in your iPhone.
- If you are using the Find My iPhone setting, then disable it firstly by going to Settings >Privacy >Location > Find My iPhone.
- Ensure that no other application is running or updating when you are running iMyFone Umate Pro.
- Follow the steps highlighted ahead for backing up and restoring your device with the help of iTunes. If iTunes is able to do it without any problems, then try to erase again with using iMyFone Umate Pro.
- Connect the device to your PC and open iTunes.
- Select the iPod/iPhone/iPad option in iTunes and go to the device page.
- Click on the option of Back Up Now to back up your iOS device.
- Once the backup completes, restore device by clicking on the "Restore Backup" option.
- Before using iMyFone Umate Pro, ensure that you are able to backup & restore the device without any issues.
If the camera app stops working on iOS 7 after you discontinued the erasing process, and/or you are not able to view photos either, then it could be because you have not restarted the device. Once you restart your iOS device, Camera app should start working as normal.
After you have erased data, please don’t log in your Apple ID account and password. Otherwise, part of the erased data might be recovered from your iCloud backup or iTunes backup.
iMyFone Umate will apply the almost lossless compression technique – JPEG to compress the photos and reclaim more space on your iOS Devices.
"JPEG" is the so-called Joint Photographic Expert Group – the first international standard of image compression. JPEG image compression algorithm does not merely provide good compression performance, but at the same time, has a better reconstruction quality, thus, it makes the lossless compression available. All in all, "JPEG" typically achieves 10:1 compression with little perceptible loss in image quality, which is widely and popularly used in image processing field
In conclusion, by virtue of JPEG technique, iMyFone Umate can safely compress your photos to release up to 75% of your photos' capacity for your iDevice.
Absolutely not! By default, this program will automatically create backups for your photos on your computer. Therefore, you can still get the original photos back if needed.
- Make sure your iOS is supported. iMyFone Umate can support iOS 7.0 and later.
- Reconnect your device or use another workable USB cable (the originally USB cable is the best if available to use); then close and restart iMyFone Umate.
- Ensure that the latest version of iTunes is installed successfully and it can detect the device. If not, you can go to the link www.apple.com/itunes/ to download and reinstall it.
If you encounter the error for several times, please contact us via support form: https://www.imyfone.com/support/contact/, describing your case in details. More information will be greatly helpful for troubleshooting.
Yes, of course! If you need volume license, please get in touch for more details via iMyFone Support Forum: https://www.imyfone.com/support/contact/, our sales team will get back to you within 48 hours in weekdays.
Note: Free (Giveaway) item does not support free lifetime upgrades and lifetime customer service.
iMyFone will not ignore any question that submitted to us. We will try our best to solve all technical issues or other problems that you encounter when using our products. Sometimes, we may deal with many questions at one time, so please kindly wait for our reply. We promise that the earliest response will be provided to you!
For iDevices with iOS 8.3 and above, iMyFone Umate can also remove temporary files created by iOS system itself. But for third-party apps' temporary files, we couldn't remove them directly, we free up this part of space by clearing up trash debris.
You can also click the menu button in the upper right corner, and then click "Register" to fill in your license info.
Step 2: Click the tool icon (it is the icon with three lines) at the top right corner and choose “Register”. A window will pop up and ask you to register.
Step 3: Copy and paste your license email address and registration code. Click “Register” to activate it.
Note: Make sure that there is no space copied at the beginning and the end of your email address and registration code.
Note: To avoid iTunes erasing the data from your device automatically, you can follow the steps below to set it properly in advance.
- Launch iTunes, and go to “Edit > Preferences > Devices”.
- Tick “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”, and click “OK” to save the settings.
- Your iDevice needs to have iOS 7.0 or later. Please go to “Settings > General > About > Version” on your device to check it.
- Ensure the latest version of iTunes is installed and your device can be detected by iTunes. If iTunes cannot detect your device either, please uninstall and reinstall iTunes to have a try.
- Use the original USB cable that comes with your device.
- If all is fine, unplug and re-plug your device. Or reboot your device and reconnect it.
Here is how to unlock your iDevice and trust the computer:
Step 1: Connect your iDevice to computer and launch iMyFone TunesMate.
Step 1: Once you see the “Trust” notice on TunesMate, please turn to your iDevice. Tap the
Home button to open your iDevice and slide your finger from left to right over “slide to unlock”. Enter your passcode to unlock your device.
Step 3: Tap “Trust” when you see the “Trust This Computer” notice on your device.
If it still shows the window and ask you trust this computer, please disconnect and reconnect your device and give it a try again.
Here are the limitations of the trial version:
- Music Transfer: Transfer 5 music files between iOS device and iTunes/computer
- Edit Music Tags: Directly edit 5 music tags and albums arts on your devices.
- Video Transfer: Transfer 5 videos between iOS device and iTunes/computer
- Photo Transfer: Transfer 10 photos & albums between iOS device and computer
- App Manager: Uninstall 3 apps
Step 1: Launch iMyFone TunesMate on your computer.
Step 2: Check the Version - Click on the tool icon (it is the icon with three lines) at the top right corner and click “About”. You can find the version of TunesMate there.
Make Update - Click on the tool icon again and tap “Check for updates”. If it shows a new version, you can click “Update” button to make it.
Suggestion 1: Transfer your media to iTunes library, and then transfer the media from iTunes library to your friend’s device.
Step 1: Connect your iDevice to computer and launch TunesMate.
Step 2: Click “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes” on the home interface. Follow the instructions to transfer your media files to your iTunes library.
Step 3: Disconnect your device and connect your friend’s iDevice. Click “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice” from the home interface and follow the instructions to transfer media files from your iTunes library to your friend’s device.
Note: You don’t need to worry about your friend’s device will be erased if the device has already synced to another iTunes library. The “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice” function helps to transfer iTunes media to device without erasing.
Suggestion 2：Export your media to computer, and then import the media from computer to your friend’s device.
Step 1: Connect your iDevice to computer and launch TunesMate.
Step 2: Choose the tab at the top, like “Music”. Your songs will be listed there. Select the songs first and hit “Export > Export to PC”. Follow the instructions to export your media to computer.
Step 3: Disconnect your device and connect your friend’s device. Go to “Music” tab again. Click “Add > Add File/Folder”. Follow the instructions to add the media files from computer to your friend’s device.
If your iPhone is synced with an iTunes library, using iTunes to add data from another computer will erase everything on your iPhone. But with TunesMate, you can add media files to your iPhone from different computers/iTunes libraries without losing any data.